The Career Educators Association of the Northern Territory is the peak NT association representing career practitioners in a variety of educational and employment settings. CEANT was formed to provide support to career practitioners across public and private sectors who are involved in assisting Territorians with their career development.
Most urban, rural and regional senior secondary schools in the NT have a career practitioner within their school, working in various capacities to assist individuals gain the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviours to manage their life, learning, and work in self-directed ways.
CEANT currently has over 50 members from across education sectors from primary to tertiary, industry, employment agencies and private practitioners.
What does CEANT membership offer?
- Links to national and international career associations and organisations including the Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA)
- Access to a network of contacts e.g. employer organisations, tertiary institutions and government agencies
- Access to the Career Education Association of Victoria (CEAV) online learning community that provides professional support to members
- Advice, consultancy and advocacy on the variety of career pathways available to Territorians.
- Access to professional literature
- Liaison and support for regional career practitioners through video conferencing, teleconferencing and online communications.
- Regular meeting opportunities for networking, support, exchange of best practice and professional development aligned to the Professional Standards for Australian Career Development Practitioners.
- Financial support for registration at selected professional learning and conferences.
- Opportunity to apply for the Janine Watt Award for Career Development - $1000 awarded to a member each year to use for personal career development.
- Member rates for professional development opportunities.
Lvl 11, Mitchell Centre. 55-59 Mitchell Street
Darwin NT 0801
Phone: 08 8944 9324
ABN: 463 302 816 41